UBC is building a vibrant community by providing campus housing options to students, faculty, staff and residents, and by developing recreation facilities, community centres, parks, open spaces, and child care within our neighbourhoods and academic spaces. Driven by UBC’s vision to be a world-class community of scholars with access to beautiful, functional, and sustainable campuses, we are committed to increasing housing choices and growing campus amenities.
IMPROVING HOUSING AVAILABILITY & AFFORDABILITY
- Completed Orchard Commons, 1,047 new student housing beds integrated with Vantage College including, food services, and new childcare spaces.
- Started construction on 211 new faculty and staff rental units, which will bring UBC’s total to more than 800 rental units.
- Opened the new UBC Aquatic Centre, providing a world-class facility for UBC’s students, athletes, staff, faculty, residents and visitors.
- Neared completion of the Brock Commons project — a student housing building with 17 storeys of mass timber above one storey of base concrete.
- Started construction on the Totem Infill and Exchange student housing projects. When complete, these projects will provide more than 1,000 new student housing beds.