Over 20,000 students, faculty, staff and residents call the UBC Point Grey Campus home. A wealth of dynamic community programs and activities designed to leverage campus landscapes, public spaces and cultural and athletic assets help to foster our community’s health, happiness and wellbeing. Our goal of creating a vibrant and sustainable work-live-learn community at an urban neighbourhood scale comes to life each and every day at UBC.
CONNECTING OUR COMMUNITY
- Collaborated with over 30 internal and external campus partners to deliver community programming that promotes health, wellbeing and physical activity, arts and culture, community involvement, youth leadership and sustainability.
- Awarded 27 UTown@UBC Community Grant projects that funded community-led projects focused on increasing social vibrancy and connectedness on campus. Special grants were also awarded to help promote wellbeing initiatives by students and community-led celebrations of the UBC Centennial.
- Provided close to 900 residents with a UTown@UBC Community Services Card, connecting them to discounted access to UBC’s world-class cultural and recreational amenities.
LEVERAGING PUBLIC SPACES
- Brought together UBC community members through fun and vibrant events including a sold-out Centennial Harvest Feast, a 1000-person outdoor dinner; Arts Night Out, a evening of free performances and exhibits at UBC’s world class arts and culture venues; and Chef Challenge, a culinary competition featuring local and sustainably sourced food.
- Facilitated and supported hundreds of community and student-led projects to enhance campus and bring life to public spaces on campus through grant funding, SEEDS program collaboration and improving access to space booking tools and information.